Symposium about Right to Science at Addis Ababa University
On 11th November 2019, the Associazione Luca Coscioni, Science for Democracy, Addis Ababa University and Turin University organized the symposium Advancing knowledge-led development through the right to science in Africa.
The symposium took place at Addis Ababa University. It represented a first thematic meeting in preparation of the 6th World Congress for Freedom of Scientific Research, scheduled to take place in Addis Ababa from 26 to 27 February 2020. The Congress is co-sponsored by the Commission of the African Union in the person of Sarah Mbi Enow Anyang Agbor, Commissioner for Science and Technology.
HERE the Full programme
- Standing for the Right to Science before African Courts by Abdi Jibril Ali;
- Regional human rights mechanisms: what attention for science? by Elena Abrusci;
- A human right approach to science and its applications for Africa by Andrea Boggio;
- Framing the right to Science: from safeguards to promotion by Ludovica Poli;
- The State of Clinical Trials in Africa by Gebre-Mariam Tsige;
- Advancing the right to Science through the International human rights mechanism by Giulia Perrone;
- Palliative care by Michael Abiyu.
- Non communicable diseases by Zelalem Mengistu.
- The Evolution of Regional Human Rights Mechanisms: a focus on Africa by Mesenbet Assefa